Saturday, October 24, 2009

Solid Walls, Sheet Rock and Brick

Solid wall interiors – Check, Brick – Being Layed, Sheet Rock – Coming Wednesday! We can hardly believe how well everything is coming together! When Bruce Courville showed up yesterday and started laying brick it sure felt like progress was being made and I LOVE how the brick looks! These photos show the beginning of the brick process and the brick looks a little dark because of the rain we had Thursday and he assures us that it will lighten up a good bit. I’ll update with new photos soon.

DSC02974-014 DSC02963-004 DSC02967-007 DSC02969-009 DSC02970-010

Here are a few views of the interior with our solid walls up and the sheet rock waiting to be hung this coming week!

DSC02990-009

This is the corner entry into the pantry in my kitchen.DSC02978-001

This is the view from the living room into the dining area through the archway.DSC02980-002

The photo above and below here are of the living room from the kitchen.DSC02981-003 DSC02982-004

The stairway and entry to my office above and the entry at the rear of the house to our bedroom and the elevator.DSC02983-005 DSC02984-006

The back of the living room, archway to kitchen/dining and stairs.DSC02985-007

The stairway leading to the upstairs den.DSC02988-008

Another view into the kitchen from the living room.

This weekend is homecoming at NISH in New Iberia, Erica’s got big plans and she and I will be doing some shopping and preparing for the meal that has been planned for her and 32 of her closest friends who are all riding on a Trolly together. Please say a little prayer for their safety and everyone else’s who participates. Some of the other mom’s and I have planned the driving for the after party and beyond and also a lovely meal before. Should be a memorable night for everyone, I’m the official photographer for the group and will be adding photos to my blog this evening!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, it is so wonderful that you are having such a great experience building your home. I'm so excited for you!

Kammy said...

Hello Katy ~
I am loving how your home is coming along - so very nice ! I love your big archways....when we did our kitchen remodel - that is exactly what we did (but on a much smaller scale - as our home is small) I love the softeness of bringing one room to another...
I can tell you are super excited and I love to see the progress - keep posting ! I sometimes look but don't comment - I am bad :o)
Have a great Sunday !~
Kammy