Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Shrimp for Supper

Tonight after de-heading and peeling about 35 pounds of shrimp, we came home from Dave’s warehouse and boiled 15 or so pounds! They were delicious and quite large, the container of shrimp pictured below is 9'”x13”, they were definitely two and sometimes three bites each! Dave, Alexa, Erica, Davey and I were stuffed! Tomorrow night I have three dozen crabs my Daddy brought to us when he dropped off the shrimp. He picked them up for us in Forked Island earlier today when he got the shrimp. There’s nothing like fresh seafood with a little of our Cajun mayonnaise sauce. I put a little ketchup in mine with a few teaspoons of Louisiana Hot Sauce with a healthy sprinkling of Camp Dog dry seasoning mix. Total Yum!!

DSCF0324-001

DSCF0326-003

I made a delicious stock with the heads and peelings that’s cooling on the stove now and it smells fabulous! It will be a great addition to my shrimp soups and seafood gumbos this winter! I reduced it a good bit so a few ice cube sized pieces will add a tremendous amount of flavor to the dishes!

DSCF0325-002

This weekend is the gumbo cook off but I’m thinking I would prefer to make a giant pot of corn (I canned this summer) and shrimp soup!!  C'est bon!!

2 comments:

Gridiron Girl said...

C'est bon...INDEED! I wish I had some boiled shrimp right now! And that sauce...almost the exact same as the one my family has been making for as long as I can remember. YUM!

jmac said...

CRABS!!!!!????? BEAUTIFUL, BLUE CRABS???!!!! Oh be still my hungry belly...specially when my mind wanders to the delicacy of the blue crab, fresh outa the gulf waters. If ONLY I could get them way up here in the northern part of the state. Eat well my friend...think of me as you slurp the tasty fat from their bellies.
Dammit. Wish we'd done that while I was there....