Sunday, October 11, 2009

Gumbo Cook Off (part 2)

So, I’m not an official judge, but my results… after tasting a whole lot of gumbo, Don’s Radiator/Armentor Glass for chicken sausage gumbo, so I’m a bit biased, these folks are family, BUT it is the very best I tasted today!

DSC02694-002

And as for seafood, which is my favorite type of gumbo, CARBO Ceramics had the most scrumptious, most delicious seafood gumbo around! One of our friends Daryl and his wife were cooking and serving at the Carbo booth.

DSC02692-001

Mr. Paul Schwing of Paul’s Flower Shop in town was an official greeter for the cook off, handing out brochures with a smile on his face even though the day looked gloomy. It was cool and breezy, which we’ll take any day over hot and humid!

DSC02696-004

These two handsome boys showed up with their Mama Claire and Daddy Davey to eat a little gumbo too. We had fun visiting with them and yes, showing them off to our friends at the cook off.

DSC02700-008

Erica and the boys…. having a bite to eat together.

DSC02697-005

Alexa fed the boys some of the delicious gumbo too.

DSC02698-006

Iberia Chamber of Commerce official Gumbo CookOff site:

http://www.iberiachamber.org/gumbo.php

Gumbo CookOff Blog:

http://www.worldchampionshipgumbocookoff.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks