Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sleepover for Kali and Kayla

Tonight when it started raining I figured since we weren’t going to be going out to supper or having anyone over (the kids all had plans dontcha know!)… I decided to invite Kali over and let her invite Kayla to spend the night with her. They started out the evening enjoying a salad together, then had their bath with scrumptious lavender scented baby bath, I’ve got to say, they do smell amazingly sweet! They wanted to draw, so I grabbed some supplies out of the file cabinet and they drew pretty pictures. Here are a few photos of them having supper, drawing and playing together. Right now Dave’s at the kitchen table studying for his private pilot’s test, I’m cooking a gumbo for tomorrow’s lunch for all of our kiddos. I started it tonight, will let it simmer on low all night. You know gumbo is better the second day, so I figured I’d start the gumbo season out right! I hope everyone has a safe night in Acadiana, we’re expecting rain most of the day tomorrow, so be careful on the roads and highways and have a blessed Sunday!

DSCF0279-001 DSCF0280-002 DSCF0282-003 DSCF0283-004 DSCF0284-005 DSCF0285-006

1 comment:

jmac said...

our rain just started...we got in LSU football on the deck while the sun still shone...AND we did jambalaya, ribs, chicken, sausage and brisket on the smoker!!
Like squirrels gettin' ready for winter!!