Monday, November 9, 2009

Easy Note Pad

DSCF1048-004

Today I decided to make a pretty little note pad for myself. I like making lists and lately I’ve been looking around my desk and finding them all used up! To fix this problem, I just designed a pretty little paper, three to a page with digital scrapbooking products by Shabby Miss Jenn, the papers and elements are in her Pumpkinville kit. I love the black and cream paper with the pretty scrolly designs, so I used that for my border and a note paper with a little texture on it for the upper part to write the list onto. I added a little trim and a button to it just because I like how it looks.

Pumpkinville Notepad (web) I printed these then cut them little note papers out. I printed 15 sheets on five pages of card stock. The sheets are 3.25 inches wide by 7.75 inches long.

DSCF1044-001 

I then cut a strip of red paper 3.25 inches long by 3.5 inches wide. I used the Martha Stewart scalloped edge cutter that I bought at Walmart to make a decorative edge for the front and left the back straight. I then scored two folds just 1/4 inch from one another right in the middle and folded the paper. I punched two evenly placed holes 1.5 inches apart through the front and back of the folded red paper. I used the punched holes to measure my note papers and then punched two holes in the top of the note papers.

 DSCF1046-002  DSCF1047-003

After aligning the note papers with the red top paper I threaded the ribbon through, added the charm and tied a pretty bow. I also added a clear rhinestone to the top of the bow just to make it a little more girly.

 DSCF1051-005

DSCF1052-006

DSCF1048-004This is a quick project that can be customized to coordinate with anyone’s office decor or can be made as a little gift.

1 comment:

jmac said...

As usual, I'm amazed at your creativity!!