Saturday, November 21, 2009

CD Holder for Christmas Gift

I’m going to be putting some photo from this past year on CD for some family and friends, so I decided to make a pretty little CD holder using Shabby Miss Jenn’s Christmas kit called “Tree Trimmin” you can see all of her kits here:

http://www.shabbymissjenndesigns.com/shoppe

 

CD Holder Supplies

 

You need two coordinating scrapbook papers and a label, you can make it digitally or you can print the label and cut it out. I designed mine on the strip of red paper in Fotofusion by Lumapix:

www.lumapix.com The scrapbooking version is all you need.

Scissors, tape or glue, something round to cut out the half circle, you can use scissors like I did or a large scrapbooking circle punch, I used the sheet cutter in the photo to cut all my papers.

Rectangle of paper 9.5 inches long and 4.75 inches wide, scored and folded in half. the half circle on one end is 2 inches wide and 1.25 inches deep.

Rectangle of paper for label and to hold the CD in from falling out is 1.75 inches wide and 10 inches long. The label is in the center of it. I simply wrapped it around the back and taped it shut with double sided tape.

You could add ribbon or other little decorations to yours, but I chose to keep my classic and simple. These could be given as gifts with favorite photos on them or as a wedding favor with favorite songs and photos on them. Here’s the finished project.

CD Holder Web

I did not feel the need to tape up the sides though that would be fine if you felt like doing so. Hope you have a crafty and fun Saturday!

No comments: