Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Apron Favors for the Guests

Valentine Babydoll Tea Party

One of my favorite childhood books was “Mommy’s Little Helper” and the little girl on the cover of the book is wearing a sweet little ruffled edge apron, so I decided to make one for Kali and her friends and give them at the tea party.

Apron Idea - Book I also bought Kali a book of Little Golden Book Collection which were all illustrated by Eloise Wilkin, she created the most beautiful images of children.

Golden Book

The fabric I chose for the girl’s aprons for the tea party was this beautiful toile in soft peachy pink and dark khaki brown. I found a photo online of a sweet little apron and made a pattern. My friend Keisha helped me make them for the girls, she’s got a binding machine which made it really easy to add the khaki color to the apron and make the ties on the back, she was a huge help and did a lot of work to make these aprons for our guests. Here they are all wrapped up ready for our guests.

DSC_1854-005

I created a little flower to pin onto Kali’s apron to make it special.

DSCF7899-003

I love the easy style of this apron, it slips over the head and ties in the back.

DSCF7904-004 DSCF7896-002 Here’s Kali wearing her apron for our little photo shoot.

Kali Apron-006

No comments: