Sunday, July 19, 2009

Swamp Spirits on Tour


Along with the Vermilion Arts Council I would like to cordially invite you to attend our "Meet the Artists" reception on August 6, 2009 from 6 to 8 PM in the Vermilion Arts Coucil building at 200 Magdalen Square, Abbeville, LA 70510.


I will be honored along with ten artists who painted renditions of my photograph shown above. I was chosen from numerous submissions in early 2009 to be the featured photographer in this wonderful project. I was honored to have my "swamp" image chosen and the artists have created beautiful works of art with the image as their inspiration. I would be honored to have you attend this event.


The exhibit is now on at the museum, if you are unable to attend the event, please feel welcome to see the exhibit at your leisure.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That photograph is amazing! I love the light and dark, the depth and then amongst it all, wham! a beautiful bird in flight. You deserved to win, you are extremely talented!

Anne Marie said...

That is a truly stunning photograph. Of course, most of your photos are incredible. But this one--wow! Congratulations, Katy. You sure deserve the honor.

jmac said...

WHOA.......GIRLFRIEND!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

and since you were in my boat at my lakehouse when you got this shot.....I think I just may have to come see your exhibit!!!
My gal pals have been yearning for a reason to do a Lafayette road trip. This will be perfecto!!