Saturday, January 8, 2011

Breaux Bridge Antiquing

I woke up this morning with the envie to go antiquing. I called Krista and Keisha to see if they wanted to go too and within forty-five minutes we were on our way to Breaux Bridge. We stopped by Chick-Fil-A for a quick lunch in Upper Lafayette then headed down the bayou to Breaux Bridge. Our first stop was Bayou Town Flea Market, one of my favorite shops and I scored a few really awesome items. Keisha spotted this Pyrex dish in my Gooseberry pattern. I already had the white one the same size with the coral pattern on it. This was a fun find!

DSC_1141-007 Then I spotted this lovely little covered cheese dish in pink Depression glass. It’s so pretty and coordinates with my Gooseberry dishes so nicely. I also picked up a copy of “Talk about Good II” for Krista, for those times when she’s cooking and I’m not available by phone to have her cajun cooking questions. ;)

DSC_1138-006 Our next stop was at Lagniappe Antiques on Main Street in Breaux Bridge. I found a sweet little cookie cutter that will be perfect for making beignets …. hopefully I’ll be able to make some of these tonight.

DSC_1142-008

The last thing I spotted just before heading to the counter to check out was a precious and ornate little grapefruit spoon. There was only one, but that’s perfectly fine because I’m the only one in our home who eats grapefruit.

DSC_1134-002

DSC_1132-001

When I got home I had a little grapefruit snack and this spoon was perfect, it made it so easy to slip right into the grapefruit wedge and pop the meat out. YUM! The thing about antiquing and flea marketing is that you would think a little day trip like this would curb the urge to do it, but it only makes me want to go again… really soon!

No comments: