Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Monday Night Menu

On Sunday we started a new program here at the house, since all of us enjoy cooking, we each created a menu, generated a shopping list and Erica and I went over to Youngsville to Rouse's new grocery store and picked up the necessary goods to create our evening family meals. Rouse's is a super store! They have a wonderful produce department, lovely fresh seafood and the meat market is large and the choices are enticing! Monday night was Erica's night to be our chef for the evening, I helped her by doing a little prep in the kitchen during the afternoon, I chopped some veggies for her and peeled and butterflied the shrimp (which was added to the menu after we found them fresh at the grocery store) but she did the rest of the cooking and the meal was scrumptious! There's even a bit left over for a yummy lunch for the guys! I took a pic of Dave's salad (he's on a lil diet and didn't have the fajita bread, just the veggies, shrimp and chicken, splurging on a nice dollop of guacamole and some light sour cream.) Tonight is Alexa's night to cook and we'll have an update of how her meal turns out tomorrow. Under the chicken and shrimp are lettuce, grilled orange bell pepper and onion, chopped tomato and a little grated cheese. Everything was delicious! Great job Eri!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the hell are you doing up at 4am ? You are crazy
-claire

jmac said...

Claire, you don't know me but I am one of your MIL's friends. Believe me when I say this...the woman DOES NOT sleep and her ass is too crazy for words.......oh wait! You're family....you already know all of this. If I had one pinch of her energy, I'd be a superhero everyday!!