Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Swim Meet Tonight for Erica! (Part 1)

Tonight is Erica's first swim meet of the NISH 2009 season. She will be a busy bee in the coming weeks, I've been planning some easy menus so that I can have her eating healthy and get her to the meets on time. Tonight, we'll cook and eat after the meet because she will have to be in Lafayette at warm up practice by about 5:30. I've done the prep work this afternoon so that we can cook right when we get home. I've made an easy and healthy green salad with tomatoes, romaine lettuce, cucumber and carrots, Eri loves salad!

I also parboiled green beans and wrapped them with a little bacon, I'll be putting these under the broiler while Dave grills up some yummy hamburger patties outside.

For dessert we have a little chocolate cake, iced with cream cheese icing and I added caramel topping and a fresh strawberry finishing it off. I adore chocolate, caramel and strawberry flavors together. I'll post the after photos of the burgers and bacon wrapped beans after cooking them this evening along with a few pics from the meet! Good Luck Erica and the entire NISH Swim Team!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Put an extra burger on for me. Why are you tempting me so. Gerl

Deborah said...

So where is part II?

Katy said...

When I've actually had time to post pics. :) Tomorrow most likely!