Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cabinet Design and a Little Layout

I created a layout showing one of my latest little hobbies. I’m working on a few cabinet designs for the new house. My cabinet man can work from photographs but I wanted to give this a go, so I bought some supplies… paper, engineer’s ruler, drawing pencils, a tape measure and erasers then started figuring this all out. Its not at all easy, but its saving me a good bit of $ and I really love what I’ve come up with so far. With the photograph I found in a magazine as inspiration I drew up what I think will work for our master bathroom, shower area and water closet cabinet above the toilet. I’ve finished with the upstairs bathroom vanity and closet and have the wet bar in the upstairs den completed as well.

Bathroom Cabinet Designing

My next projects are the closet cabinetry and drawer units and a bookshelf for the living room.  I hired a designer for the kitchen and utility room and I’m thankful that I did and I learned a lot from the process. I hope these come out as good in reality as I envision them in my head!

No comments: