Thursday, January 8, 2009

Soup, Salad and Ettoufee





Tonight I made a cauliflower soup with the recipe I found on Confessions of a Pioneer Woman Blog in the cooking section. It was a fabulous recipe, very easy to follow and tasted scrumptious. The sour cream in it was the perfect finishing touch! Bravo Ree! I used the recipe I learned from my friend Kim from Hendersonfor the ettoufee, she learned it from her mama, a great cook in her own right! It never fails to come out just right, she told me when she taught me how to cook it, it only takes 20 minutes from start to finish, so put your rice pot on before you start whithering the onions. Comes out great every time... and a little tip, don't season the pot until you turn the heat off and let the dish stand for five or so minutes. It keeps the crawfish from becoming rubbery and tough. Tender and scrumptious every single time! Thanks Kim! My sister in law Belinda and her husband San and my mother in law Nettie came over to enjoy the meal with Dave, Erica and myself. We watched the Florida Gators whoop the Oklahoma Sooners for the BCS College National Championship. Great job Tim Tebow! What a game! Served supper on my pretty new dishes, everything tastes better on a beautifully set table!~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your table setting. The bottom one kind of looks like my new bedding. Its toupe with the black "ironwork" on it, I guess that is what you would call it :-)

When we build I am going to have to meet with you to help me color cordinate. You are sooo good at that.

~Kim

jmac said...

so where's the recipe? share! share! pleaze.......