Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Heavenly Scent

Last year when I was a new Pinterest addict I discovered a simmering scent recipe online and decided to give it a try. I purchased the herb rosemary at the grocery store, a bottle of inexpensive imitation vanilla extract and a few lemons. (You needn’t purchase expensive vanilla since the cheap stuff works beautifully) I’ve read that the scent is often used in the William Sonoma store to give it a homey feel. Not sure if that’s true, but it sure smells lovely in our home when I have it simmering.

DSC_5169-028

Recipe: Three sprigs of fresh rosemary. One lemon sliced into rounds. One to two teaspoons of vanilla. Place in a pot of water and simmer.

DSC_5165-027

It really does smell delicious, I loved it so much it prompted me to purchase a rosemary plant and get it started in my garden. I often simmer the same pot for a few days, a few hours each day, before tossing it out and replenishing the ingredients.

DSC_5156-021

Heavenly Scent

I like to chop the rosemary up a little as I find it puts out a lot more of the scent of the herb that way. Its such a simple way to add a lovely touch to a home. I think packaging the ingredients in a creative way and giving as a little gift along with the ‘recipe’ on a pretty card would be lovely for a bridal shower in addition to your ‘formal’ gift or as a hostess gift when attending a dinner party. I will definitely be looking for fun ways to package it up to share.

Give it a try, I have a feeling you will also love it!

No comments: