Saturday, September 6, 2008

Corn and Beef Soup in Tomato Gravy


One of our children's favorite dishes is corn and beef soup in tomato gravy, I adore the same but substituting shrimp for the beef. So today a good friend asked for my recipe and I decided it was as good a time as any to type it out and make a recipe card. Give it a try if you're so inclined. I'm including the recipe below. In the coming months I'm going to do the same with lots of their favorite dishes, print them out on 5x7 cards and put into a recipe box for each as a Christmas gift. I'm going to have them make a list of their favorites and spread the happiness around. I hope you enjoy this one!

Corn and Beef Soup in Tomato Gravy
Ingredients:

4 cups fresh chopped corn

1 1/2 pounds cubed soup meat

3 small cans tomato paste

2 large white onions

3 stalks celery

1 large bellpepper

3 quarts beef stock

1/4 cup olive oil

Tony Chacherie's to taste

Directions:Brown soup meat in olive oil in a large soup pot. Add chopped veggies and cook until wilted. Add corn and tomato paste, blend and cook together for about twenty minutes on medium low heat. Add seasoning to taste. Pour beef stock over entire mixture and cook for at least three hours, the longer you let it cook the better it will taste. Left overs are usually divine! I serve mine with potato salad and crusty buttered french bread.

No comments: