Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pear Tart with Peach Glaze

Tonight I taught Alexa how to make a pear tart, she went to my Daddy’s house this past weekend after he called her to let her know that the pears were ready to pick. I picked two medium sized pears, peeled, halved, cored and sliced into thin strips.

DSC_2712-003

I put them into a bowl and tossed them with about four tablespoons of light brown sugar. Then I arranged the pear slices down the middle of the puffed pastry which I thawed and cut in half and put onto a baking sheet that was sprayed with non stick cooking spray, I like Crisco’s butter flavored spray. I took 1/3 of a block of real butter, cut it in half then cut them into 1/4 inch pieces and dotted half down the middle of each of the tarts. Using about seven pieces across each.

DSC_2714-004

Next I put four tablespoons of the peach preserves I made in July into a small bowl and with a little whisk I broke it all up, but didn’t add anything to it and spooned the preserves down the middle of the pears on the tart. I slipped the tarts into the oven which was set on convection bake at 350 degrees and cooked it for about 13 minutes, Alexa checked the doneness of the pears and how much it had browned at that point and decided to put it for another five minutes.

DSC_2710-001

The pears were a tiny bit crispy once cooked all the way. We let it stand and cool for a little bit before moving to a glass serving plate. Dave declared it delicious after having about 2/3 of one of them. Thanks to my Daddy for sharing these delicious fruit and to Alexa for driving over to pick them. Prep time and cooking time was only about thirty minutes and I think it would be awesome served with ice cream when having guests over or at a brunch with coffee.

DSC_2711-002

Fred had a piece before he left tonight and was very impressed with how good it was for the little effort that it took to make it. The recipe was a combination of one that I’d learned on Barefoot Contessa which was made with apples and apricot jam and the Pioneer Woman’s apple and brown sugar. I sort of combined both methods and used my own fruit and home made preserves for a Cajun country Katy version.

DSC_2715-005

No comments: