Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday Tablescapes with Between Naps on the Porch


My dishware was purchased at a thrift store called "Burkes" there were only brunch sized plates and bowls. I love the square shape and asian flare they possess and decided to add touches that would reflect that style. The dishes are by Tabletops Gallery in the pattern Swirl Fern.

I added pretty yellow roses along with other yellow accents to compliment the green. (Thanks for the suggestion Janey!) I purchased these at my local Sam's Club and put them into a crystal vase which was a wedding gift from a lovely aunt.

This pitcher (Monterey Collection Home/studio) pictured here was a gift from my sisters last March and it goes so beautifully with my tablescape. I placed it on the bar with the wine glasses and a serving plate that matches the dishware.


I love how the light coming through my kitchen window dances through the dishware and crystal on the table.



I added square bamboo chargers and chopsticks to kick up the oriental look of the tablescape.







Lemons and Limes are perfect to add color to the kitchen counter and I added a pretty yellow tea towel to the Bordallo Pinheiro dishes.


I added a few yellow pillows and pretty yellow tulips to the sitting area in the den adjacent to the kitchen where the tablescape is located.

The yellow napkins, bamboo chargers and silverware are all from World Market, I just LOVE that place! The bamboo style knives, forks and spoons were the perfect finishing touch, don't you think?


A closeup of the tulips.

My candles were also purchased at World Market and I found the soft green colored glasses at Target while visiting dear friends up in Shreveport last earlier this month.

You really would think that this is perfect for our family and this tablescape. The L being the first letter of our last name and the fact that we all love lemon tarts and that its YELLOW! Hello! Could life be any more perfect!?




Another installment of Thursday Tablescapes with Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. This week I've chosen to create a tablescape using my green and white dishware with an asian flare. I've thrown in some lovely yellow to compliment the colors. Click --->HERE<--- to see an album with larger versions of the images. I hope you all have a fabulous Thursday!

12 comments:

Myrna said...

Beautiful tablescape! You take wonderful pictures, too. Great job!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your pitcher is adorable. And may I ask, where did you find the individual cloches? been looking for them for a while now.

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

This is lovely...you did a wonderful job. Everything looks lovely!
Blessings,
Debbie

Belinda said...

I love how you built a gorgeous tablescape around those great thrifted dishes! What a wonderful job you did with this...and the yellow roses are so beautiful...they are my favorite flowers. The lemon tart with your initial is a sweet finishing touch too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh Tulips, lemon tarts and les cloches...I love it.
Your going to get a ton of questions about those cloches....
Happy TT
Love Claudie
xo
P.S. I love the new little addition to your beautiful family.

B said...

Hi, Katy
Thanks for stopping by BzPlace and for your sweet comments.
Your table is just lovely. As you saw from my tablescape, I just happen to love square plates and bowls. They just give a tablescape such a unique touch.
I'm also loving your beautiful yellow roses. They bring a lovely memory to my mind...I carried yellow roses on my wedding day, almost 29 years ago.
Have a wonderful weekend.
:=) Brenda

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty. I love the lemon desserts in the individual cloche dessert plates. Sweet!!
Love the splash of yellow polka dots...

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Running late this week visiting blogs....again... LOVE the lemons. limes & roses!!!
Hope you had a great Tablescape Thursday
Susan

Cass @ That Old House said...

Beautiful tablescape. I loved how you pulled all the elements together with color and theme. Gorgeous!

Green is a welcome sight at this time of year, too!

I am having a giveaway at my blog, if you'd like to enter, come on by.

Thanks for sharing, Cass

Chandy said...

Hi, beautiful table! I have those same silverware. I love them, but they rusted out after only a month so I'm in the process of getting some replacements from Gibson, which was the makers of the ones I picked up from Ross.

I hope yours don't because they are a beautiful set. Love the chargers, too!

Carolyn of What Now? Tablescapes

santamaker said...

Just loving all of your yellow touches. So refreshing at this time of year.

Dream Mom said...

Love it! So very pretty! I love the yellow tarts too and yellow roses are my favorites. I like how you added the yellow pillows to the living room so everything flows together.